“It’ll have the largest frozen cocktail selection in the city”
“Hot chicken restaurant and bar Party Fowl is bringing in some well-known names to help overhaul its cocktail program, as restaurant owners Austin Smith and Nick Jacobson have enlisted Nashville Ice Lab owners Freddy Schwenk and Matt Buttel to oversee the changes.
Schwenk, 2015’s Eater Nashville Bartender of the Year, is a veteran of a number of top cocktail spots around town, just in the past year having worked behind the stick at Chauhan Ale & Masala House, Bar Luca and Pinewood Social. Buttel is a longtime industry fixture as well, having most recently been part of the opening management teams at Pinewood Social and Embers Ski Lodge. The two formed Nashville Ice Lab, a supplier of specialty cocktail ice, fresh juices, non-alcoholic bar syrups and more, earlier this year.
The new menu, available beginning Sept. 1, will feature as its centerpiece six frozen craft cocktails, more than double that of any other restaurant and bar in town.
Initial offerings will include:
- Over Yonder – Party Fowl’s take on a classic whiskey and Coke made with Hillbilly Bourbon.
- Port Light – A non-rum-based tiki classic made with bourbon, passion fruit, grenadine and lemon.
- Somebody Hand Me Some Maracas – An agave-based riff on a Negroni made with Altos Tequila, luxardo bitters, sweet vermouth and bubbles.
- The Ghost of Alan Kennedy – A nod to another longtime local barman, it’s made with coconut vodka, Nashville Ice Lab’s Big Adventure piña colada mix, orange juice and Red Bull Yellow Edition.
- Lavender Julep – A variation of a mint julep made with Cooper’s Craft Kentucky Bourbon and spiced lavender syrup.
- Improved Grasshopper – A boozy milkshake made with bourbon, heavy cream, branca menta, crème de cacao, Amaro Montenegro, banana and cold brew coffee.
Other new cocktails will include a pineapple negroni, a house old fashioned entitled ‘Fowl Language,’the ‘Mexi-Cuba Libre’ made with Afrohead rum, Mexican Coke and lime, and the ‘Shandy Travis,’ made with guava, peach and Wiseacre Tiny Bomb beer.
Also on Sept. 1, updated happy hour specials will go into effect, with select $5 cocktails available Monday through Friday from 3 to 6 p.m.”
Read the article on Nashville.Eater.com